How Much Does a 2-Carat Lab Diamond Cost? (Updated 2023)
Last Updated on February 21, 2023 by LabGrownCarats
SALES ALERT! Save when you buy at our best-rated lab diamond jewelers:
- The essentials – the diamond 4Cs
- The average cost for a 2-carat brilliant-cut lab diamond
- Cost of 2-carat fancy-shaped lab diamonds
- Why choose a lab-grown diamond?
- Three 2-carat lab diamond ring examples
- Where to buy lab-grown diamonds and jewelry
- Compare prices on other lab-grown diamond-carat weights
Diamond costs vary greatly depending on the grade of the stone and where it is purchased. A 2-carat lab diamond, for example, can cost as low as $1000 or as much as $7500, depending on the diamond’s 4Cs and rarety. A 2-carat brilliant-cut round lab-grown diamond (one of the most popular carats and cuts) costs roughly $1500 on average, which is up to 60% cheaper than a mined diamond!
We compare prices for both round brilliant lab diamonds and fancy-shaped diamonds from six of the cheapest sites to buy lab-created diamonds in this guide to how much a 2-carat lab diamond costs.
Purchasing a diamond is a significant investment, and it is critical to understand how to select the best stone and where to obtain the best value for your money. That’s why we’ve created several tutorials to assist our readers.
We recommend getting started by reading our popular buying guides below:
- Guide to Buying a Lab-Grown Diamond – Top Tips to Saving and Getting a Better Diamond!
- How to Buy a Lab-Grown Diamond Engagement Ring Online
- 10 Tips to Save Money on a Lab-Grown Diamond Engagement Ring
The essentials – the diamond 4Cs
The first thing you should know about diamonds is the 4Cs. We suggest that you start with our introduction to lab-grown diamonds. But, if you are in a rush or simply want to know how much a 2-carat lab diamond costs, you can, of course, skip ahead.
In short, the (lab) diamond 4Cs are:
If you need a quick diamond-buying refresher, keep these 3 things in mind:
- First, you should know that diamonds are all about brilliance, and diamonds are distinguished by their radiance, especially when it comes to all brilliant cut diamonds. Some fancy-shaped and fancy-colored diamonds do not sparkle in the same way, e.g., emerald-shaped or black diamonds. But, regardless of shape and color, if you only remember one thing, make it this: always go for the best diamond cut grade possible! Always prioritize brilliance higher than size.
- Remember, it’s not the size that matters most when it comes to diamond quality. When determining the quality of a diamond, the 4Cs of diamond quality—cut, clarity, color, and carat—in that order, should all be considered. So, first, aim for the best cut possible, then color and clarity grades, and carat weight last.
- If possible, go just below the popular weights. Bypassing round weights can save you a lot of money, and the best thing is that no one will be able to notice the difference. So choose a 1.93ct instead of a diamond that weighs exactly 2.0 carat, for example.
To give you an idea of the prices of 2-carat lab-grown diamonds, we have compiled prices from the best online diamond retailers in 2023. Our reference diamond is a round brilliant-cut lab-grown diamond with the following 4C grades:
- Carat weight: 2.0 (plus-minus a little)
- Cut grade: Excellent (GIA) or Ideal (IGI)
- Color grade: I-J
- Clarity grade: VS1-VS2
- Shape: Round Brilliant
- Origin: Lab-grown (of course)
Our reference diamond is not necessarily the best for you, but it gives a good indication of how to choose between the diamond 4Cs.
The average cost for a 2-carat brilliant-cut lab diamond
The costs for a 2-carat lab diamond from our top-rated lab diamond jewelers are listed below. They are, in our opinion, the most prominent places to purchase lab-grown diamonds and best for lab-created diamond engagement rings. They not only have the best selection of high-quality diamonds but also provide the best shopping and customer service experiences. And, perhaps most crucially, they have the most affordable lab-grown diamonds!
|Lab diamond jeweler||Price for a 2-carat lab diamond|
|Brilliant Earth||$2500- 7620*|
Cost of 2-carat fancy-shaped lab diamonds
Diamonds created in laboratories come in a variety of forms and sizes. While the brilliant-cut round diamond is the most popular, many different lab diamond shapes exist. Fancy shapes, sometimes referred to as fancy cuts, are any shape other than round brilliant. As we discussed in our guide to lab diamond shapes, each has its own unique beauty, advantages, and disadvantages.
Certain shapes, like heart-shaped lab diamonds, are more expensive than round brilliant, while others, such as radiant-shaped, are less expensive. To assist you in comparing the pricing of the most popular fancy-shaped lab diamonds, we have compiled the average price of all 2-carat fancy-shaped lab diamonds.
Because fancy-shaped diamonds are evaluated slightly differently and cut grading is not as stringent as with round brilliants, we have revised the ranges below. Most notably, the cut rating includes very good, which we would never allow for a brilliant round cut.
- Carat weight: 2.0 (plus-minus a little)
- Cut grade: Very Good, Excellent, or Ideal (usually not independently graded)
- Color grade: I-J
- Clarity grade: VS1-VS2
- Shape: Fancy-shapes
- Origin: Lab-grown
All the below prices are starting prices and go higher, but it gives you an idea of the price range, and all will have at least the minimum specifications above.
|Lab diamond jeweler||Oval||Emerald||Pear||Princess||Radiant||Cushion||Heart|
Note that Brilliant Earth and James Allen prices are for higher-quality diamonds since their minimum quality is higher than our above reference range.
All prices for 2-carat lab-grown diamonds are from our best-rated places to buy lab diamonds, where you’ll find the lowest prices, highest quality, and best shopping experience.
Why choose a lab-grown diamond?
To begin with, lab diamonds are up to 60-80% less expensive than their mined counterparts with identical diamond 4C grading. And if you’re lucky, you could save even more money with lab-grown diamond deals. We monitor the market closely and are the first to know when diamond sellers announce specials or bargains. Sign up below to be notified of new lab-grown diamond discounts.
Additionally, it is not just the lower pricing that makes lab-created diamonds superior to mined diamonds. They are also more environmentally friendly and have a more positive impact on society. You may find out a lot more about it in the following articles:
- Why lab-grown diamonds are the sustainable, environmentally, and ethical diamond choice
- What You Need To Know Before Buying a Lab-Grown Diamond
One of the best places to buy sustainable and zero-emission lab-grown diamonds is Brilliant Earth (read our Brilliant Earth review). Another option is Vrai, but as you can read in our comparison between Brilliant Earth and Vrai, we find Brilliant Earth is the best place for sustainable diamonds (see our review of Vrai). Pandora, too, focuses on sustainability, as you can read in our Pandora Brilliance review, but they do not quite live up to Vrai or Brilliant Earth.
Three 2-carat lab diamond ring examples
There are numerous styles to choose from when looking for a jewelry set with a 2-carat lab-grown diamond. The rings shown below all feature a 2-carat lab diamond. From traditional to contemporary engagement ring settings, a 2-carat lab diamond is an excellent choice for a lab-grown diamond engagement ring or a lab diamond anniversary ring.
Plain Band French-Set Halo Engagement Ring from Ritani
14K Rose Gold Petite Pavé Cathedral Engagement Ring from James Allen
Waverly Diamond Engagement Ring
Where to buy lab-grown diamonds and jewelry
At LabGrownCarats.com, we evaluate sellers of lab-grown diamonds to help you find the perfect lab diamonds and jewelry. We also compare the best lab diamond jewelers in our lab diamond jeweler comparisons.
Below are our recommended places to buy a 2-carat lab diamond based on prices, inventory, quality, sustainability, and shopping experience.
Our recommended places to buy a 2-carat lab-grown diamond
Ritani review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Ritani tops our list of the best places to buy lab-grown diamonds because of their market-leading low prices and price transparency, the most extensive inventory of lab diamonds, customization options, and jewelry store partnership. That makes Ritani one of the best places to buy a 2-carat lab-grown diamond.
Clean Origin review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Clean Origin is another of our favorite places to buy a 2-carat lab diamond. We recommend Clean Origin for its unbeatable prices, a vast selection of lab-grown diamonds and jewelry, and excellent support (plus 100-day risk-free returns).
Brilliant Earth review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Brilliant Earth is the leading sustainable lab-grown diamond jeweler. Their deep commitment to sustainability, including being the only seller of sustainable graded lab diamonds, sets them apart. See all their 2-carat lab diamonds below.
James Allen review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
James Allen is one of our best-rated places to buy lab-grown diamonds overall and one of the best for premium 2-carat lab diamonds. Their service is top-notch, prices are low, and the quality and craftsmanship are superb.
Compare prices on other lab-grown diamond-carat weights
We compile and list prices for the most popular lab-grown diamond carat weights. Compare the prices for 2-carat lab-grown diamonds with the below-listed carat weights.