How Much Does a 6-Carat Lab Diamond Cost? (Updated 2023)
Last Updated on April 23, 2023 by LabGrownCarats
- The essentials – the diamond 4Cs
- The average cost for a 6-carat brilliant-cut lab diamond
- Cost of 6-carat fancy-shaped lab diamonds
- Why choose a lab-grown diamond?
- Three 6-carat lab diamond ring examples
- Where to buy lab-grown diamonds and jewelry
The price of a diamond can vary greatly depending on its grade and where it is purchased. For example, a lab-created diamond weighing 6 carats can range in price from $7,400 to $35,000, depending on factors such as its 4Cs (carat weight, cut, color, and clarity) and rarity. Typically, a high-quality 6-carat lab-created diamond with a popular round brilliant cut shape costs around $8,000 to $10,000, which is approximately 80% less expensive than a naturally-mined diamond.
SALES ALERT! Save when you buy at our best-rated lab diamond jewelers:
Our complete guide looks into the prices of 6-carat lab diamonds, including both round brilliant and fancy-shaped diamonds. We review prices from four of the best-priced places for purchasing lab-created diamonds.
Investing in a diamond is a significant decision, and it’s crucial to make an informed choice by carefully selecting the right stone and finding the best deal. To help you with this process, we have developed several guides that offer valuable tips and suggestions.
Start your research by exploring our buying guides listed below:
- Guide to Buying a Lab-Grown Diamond – Top Tips to Saving and Getting a Better Diamond!
- 10 Tips to Save Money on a Lab-Grown Diamond Engagement Ring
- How to Buy a Lab-Grown Diamond Engagement Ring Online
The essentials – the diamond 4Cs
Beginning your education on diamonds starts with understanding the diamond 4Cs. Our guide to buying lab-grown diamonds is a great place to begin, but if you’re short on time or solely interested in the pricing of a 6-carat lab diamond, feel free to skip ahead.
The 4Cs of diamonds, which apply to both mined and lab-grown diamonds, are:
If you need a quick refresher on lab-created diamonds, keep these three things in mind:
- Brilliance is the most important feature of diamonds, especially for brilliant-cut diamonds. And although it may not be as critical for some fancy-shaped and fancy-colored lab diamonds, the diamond’s cut grade is still influential, so prioritize cut higher than size when purchasing a lab-grown diamond.
- As noted, size is not the most crucial factor when assessing a diamond’s quality. Instead, prioritize the 4Cs of diamond quality in this order: cut, clarity, color, and carat. Look for the highest quality cut first, followed by color and clarity grades, with carat weight being the least important.
- Opt for diamond weights that are slightly below the commonly sought-after sizes whenever possible. Avoiding round weights can result in significant cost savings without any noticeable difference. For example, you can choose a 4.89-carat diamond instead of a precisely 6.0-carat diamond.
We have compiled price information for 6-carat lab-created diamonds from the best online lab diamond sellers in 2023 to give you an estimate of their cost. Our example diamond is a lab-created round brilliant-cut diamond with the following 4C grades:
- Carat weight: 6.0 (plus-minus a little)
- Cut grade: Excellent (GIA) or Ideal (IGI)
- Color grade: I-J
- Clarity grade: VS1-VS2
- Shape: Round Brilliant
- Origin: Lab-grown (always)
While our example diamond may not be perfect for everyone, the prices provide a reasonable idea of prices and how to differentiate between the 4C attributes of lab diamonds.
The average cost for a 6-carat brilliant-cut lab diamond
We have compiled a list of 6-carat lab-created diamond prices from our recommended lab-grown diamond retailers. These jewelers are, in our opinion, the best places to buy lab-grown diamonds and are also the best places to buy lab-created diamond engagement rings. And, they are the cheapest, too.
They all have vast collections of high-quality diamonds, offer amazing shopping experiences, and outstanding customer service. Additionally, they provide the most competitive prices for lab-grown diamonds.
|Lab diamond jeweler||Price for a 6-carat lab diamond|
|Brilliant Earth||$17270-34990* **|
**Note that Brilliant Earth and James Allen prices are for higher-quality 6-carat diamonds because their minimum quality is higher than our reference minimums.
Cost of 6-carat fancy-shaped lab diamonds
Lab-grown diamonds come in various shapes and sizes, with the round brilliant cut being the most popular. However, there are also many other shapes of lab-created diamonds, collectively referred to as fancy shapes, which include any shape other than the round brilliant. In our lab-grown diamond shapes guide, we explain how each shape has its unique beauty, advantages, and disadvantages.
While some lab-grown diamond shapes, like the heart shape, may be more expensive than the round brilliant cut, others, such as the emerald shape, can be more affordable. To help you compare the costs of the most popular fancy shapes, we have compiled the average price of all 6-carat fancy-shaped lab-grown diamonds.
As fancy-shaped diamonds are evaluated differently and have less strict cut grading compared to round brilliants, we have adjusted the ranges below. Specifically, the cut rating now includes “very good,” which would not be acceptable for a brilliant round cut.
- Carat weight: 6.0 (plus-minus a little)
- Cut grade: Very Good, Excellent, or Ideal (usually not independently graded)
- Color grade: I-J
- Clarity grade: VS1-VS2
- Shape: Fancy-shapes
- Origin: Lab-grown
Note that the below prices are starting prices and that they will go up as quality increases. But, the prices provide an indication of the price range, and all diamonds will have at least the specifications listed.
|Lab diamond jeweler||Oval||Emerald||Pear||Princess||Radiant||Cushion||Heart|
**Note that Brilliant Earth and James Allen prices are for higher-quality diamonds because their minimum quality is higher than our reference minimums.
We have collected prices for 6-carat lab-grown diamonds from our preferred lab-grown diamond jewelers, who all provide the highest quality, most affordable prices, and incredible shopping experiences.
Why choose a lab-grown diamond?
Lab-grown diamonds are up to 60-80% lower than mined diamonds with comparable 4C grading. Moreover, finding lab-grown diamond deals can help you save even more. Our team consistently monitors the market to identify when diamond vendors offer special deals or discounts. Enter your email below to be alerted of new lab-grown diamond sales.
Lab-grown diamonds offer many advantages over mined diamonds. Apart from being more affordable, they are also more eco-friendly and socially responsible. You can learn more insight about these by reading our following articles:
- Why lab-grown diamonds are the more sustainable, environmentally, and ethical diamond choice
- What you should know before buying a lab-grown diamond
Three 6-carat lab diamond ring examples
While 6-carat lab-grown diamonds are relatively rare, it is still possible to find jewelry pieces featuring these stunning stones. By searching for or customizing your jewelry, you can purchase a jewelry piece featuring a 6-carat lab-grown diamond. In fact, if you explore our recommended jewelers below, you may be able to find a fantastic deal on your purchase.
Hidden Accent Diamond Band Engagement Ring from Ritani
Badgley Mischka Near-Colorless 6-carat Round Lab Grown Diamond Hidden Halo Engagement Ring
14K Rose Gold Petite Pavé Cathedral Engagement Ring from James Allen
Where to buy lab-grown diamonds and jewelry
At LabGrownCarats.com, we post reviews of lab-grown diamond jewelers to make it easier for you to find the perfect lab diamond or lab diamond jewelry. We also publish comparisons of the best lab diamond jewelers, should you be unable to decide. The below list shows our recommendations for the best places to purchase a 6-carat lab diamond based on factors such as prices, selection, quality, sustainability, and buying experience.
Our recommended best places to buy a 6-carat lab diamond
Ritani review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Ritani tops our list of the best places to buy lab-grown diamonds because of their market-leading low prices and price transparency, the most extensive inventory of lab diamonds, customization options, and jewelry store partnership. That makes Ritani one of the best places to buy a 6-carat lab-grown diamond.
Clean Origin review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Clean Origin is another of our favorite places to buy a 6-carat lab diamond. We recommend Clean Origin for its unbeatable prices, an extensive selection of lab-grown diamonds and jewelry, and excellent support (plus 100-day risk-free returns).
Brilliant Earth review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Brilliant Earth is the leading sustainable lab-grown diamond jeweler. Their deep commitment to sustainability, including being the only seller of sustainable graded lab diamonds, sets them apart. See all their 6-carat lab diamonds below.
James Allen review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
James Allen is one of our best-rated places to buy lab-grown diamonds overall and one of the best for premium 6-carat lab diamonds. Their service is top-notch, prices are low, and the quality and craftsmanship are superb.
Compare prices on other lab-grown diamond-carat weights
We have listed the prices of lab-grown diamonds for the most in-demand carat weights. You can compare the prices of 6-carat lab-grown diamonds with the carat weights listed below:
- Prices for a ½-carat lab diamond
- Prices for a 3/4-carat lab diamond
- Prices for a 1-carat lab diamond
- Prices for a 1.5-carat lab diamond
- Prices for a 2-carat lab diamond
- Prices for a 3-carat lab diamond
- Prices for a 4-carat lab diamond
- Prices for a 5-carat lab diamond
- Prices for a lab diamond engagement ring